- It’s easy to save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android.
- The process to save Instagram videos will slightly differ depending on if you want to save your own video post, someone else’s video post, or your own video story.
When you take a video through the Instagram app, it’s housed within the app, rather than saved to your phone.So if you want to have the video backed up on your iPhone or Android, you’ll have to manually save it to your camera roll.
But before you start backing up all of your Instagram videos, keep in mind that saving videos to your phone means they’ll take up space on your device.
If you’re short on room, for example, you may want to move some things to the cloud or use another backup method to keep your data intact while saving space before going forward.Here’s what you’ll need to do to save Instagram videos on your iPhone or Android, whether they were recorded within the app, added to your story, or if they belong to someone else.
If you recorded a video within the app and want to save it to your phone’s camera roll, here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Toggle over to your profile by tapping your profile photo icon in the bottom toolbar.
3. Tap on the video you want to save to your phone’s camera roll.
4. Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
5. Select “Save” or “Save Video.”
How to save Instagram videos posted to your story
Here’s how to save any Instagram story video you’ve posted to your phone:
1. Open Instagram.
2. Tap the Stories bubble in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. When you see the video you want to save, tap the three dots.
4. In the pop-up menu, select “Save” or “Save Video” (iOS users will be given the option to save the entire story).
After completing the process, you should get a quick confirmation that your video has been saved to your device’s camera roll.
How to save Instagram videos posted by someone else
If you want to save someone else’s Instagram video, you could do so by recording your phone screen.
Those with an iPhone are in luck – screen recording is built into the device.However, Android users will have to use an app, like AZ Screen Recorder, EZ Screen Recorder or Screen Recorder with Audio and Facecam, Screenshot, to get it done.